Monday, January 16, 2012

Run Happy



WOW, where do I even begin? This week was amazing with amazing athletes! You guys rock! We started out Monday night at Road Runner and celebrated Pete's birthday with what looked like 60 people! Awesome job you guys! Thank you to Rubios for donating some awesome yummy food for the evening! I hope you all got some tacos, and some chocolate cake, it was good! Road Runner Sports has really opened it doors to our group. We would really like to thank them for being such great hosts, and welcoming our group to their store. Please utilize Road Runner for your hydration, clothing, and now Trail shoe needs. :) They have a great selection of Trail shoes to choose from.



Tuesday was a great swim night, and everyone is really doing a great job with their swimming on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am really impressed with how far you guys have come in such a short time. Just think, some of you could not even get your face wet not too long ago, and some of you set records this week! :)

Wednesday was a great track night, and you all did great for your very first track (speed) night! Awesome job! We will have some surprises for you on Wednesday nights, remember, not to cheat yourself and it is always to your ability, not the person next to you.

Thursday of course was(optional) swim again, and you guys brought it.

Saturday was our first brick ride and run! Great job out there in the freezing cold brrrr! You guys looked like regular triathletes! Thank you to Edge Cycle Sports for giving a great clinic on tire changing and talking to our new cyclists about anything they had concerns with. The donuts and coffee were fantastic, and warmed us up after our cold ride. Please see Edge for your bike needs, they are fantastic and the service is always friendly.




We also had our road runners trying to get in some miles. I hope you liked my traveling aid station. I had a lot of fun doing that, and felt like I could service everyone and check on you guys well that way. Not to mention, I felt really fast!

Sunday was our favorite day, our trail day! I hope you all had as much fun as I did. Great job you guys, you are no longer trail virgins either! You all looked and did great! WHOA! I can't wait for you to do your first trail race! I am sorry to say though that we did not have a creature feature. :( Maybe this coming week. I am hopeful.

This week is just about the same, but we will have a different route on Sunday. So eat, sleep, rest, have a drink, and get ready, cause we are marching on!

Have a great day!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment