Monday, December 6, 2010

Northface Endurance Challenge 50k!

I am so glad we decided to do the Northface Endurance Challenge. My body doesn't like me right now, but it is the most beautiful course! I am looking forward to doing it again, minus the rain and mud! :) For those of you who didn't do it this year, trust me when I say, you must put this one on your bucket list! I have also learned, we must do more hill work for this race. :) But let us start from the beginning...

We left Thursday morning to get up to see my sister and kids who lives in San Jose, and spend a night with her. We had lots of time to take our time and have a nice drive and do lots of pit stops. Sue had fun, and took a nice nap...


We had lunch at Harris Ranch, Pete stopped at a rest stop for the first time in his life, and made it to my sisters before the kids needed to be put down for the night. She had a great dinner with wine and everything waiting for our arrival. SO SWEET! It was really a great visit, but too short. The best thing though is that we have a new member, my niece Alyce Mae Namimatsu! Isn't she so cute in her buff and cuff?!


Friday morning we headed up to San Fransisco to the packet pickup. I did great I have to say with all the driving and parking in the city, cause sometimes (mostly) that is a pain in the ass. We all got our great packets, and then Pete had said he had never been on a cable car or been to Pier 39, so that's what we did for the rest of that day...




That evening was time to find our hotel in Tiburon and settle in for the evening so we could get up and have a great race the next morning. But first, a bit more site seeing....


Race morning came oh to soon, and not enough sleep as usual for a race morning. the coffee woke Sue up (by the way she didn't have to be up until 8 am cause her race didn't start until 9)
Sorry Sue. But we found the shuttles no problem, got to the race no problem, handed out Odwalla products, no problem, and then found Esteban, Shelly, and Kristin!! YAY!

The race started and WOW what a beautiful course. Really an awesome run. There is a little bit of everything in this race. The one thing I wasn't counting on was the rain and mud, along with the tremendous amount of climbing! Everyone did an outstanding job at this race, and you should ALL be SO proud! This was the hardest 50K Pete and I have ever done hands down. Sue has done a ton of races, and she says the Marathon was by far the hardest Marathon she has ever done. So for you first timers, it wasn't easy baby, but you all did it! YAY! WHOA!




CONGRATULATIONS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment